By Anshel Pfeffer, Haaretz Correspondent
Two Molotov cocktails were thrown at the home of the Jewish Agency’s representative at Brown University in the United States on Saturday, causing no injuries. The motive behind the attack is not yet known.
The two explosives were hurled into the Hillel delegate’s home in Providence, Rhode Island. One landed in the living room without exploding and was taken for fingerprint analysis. The second hit an external wall, igniting a fire in the yard.
Federal Bureau of Investigation detectives and local police were investigating the incident.
Amos Hermon, head of the Jewish Agency task force on anti-Semitism stressed that while authorities had not yet reached a conclusion on the attack’s motives, radical left-wing groups were increasing anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian activity on U.S. campuses.
- Over the course of this past academic year, Southern California Jewish Student Service's rabbi, Rabbi Drew... fb.me/7zhdFzl4U 2 years ago
- Rabbi Drew Led Monthly “Torah on Tap” Discussions with Beach Hillel in 2014-2015 socaljss.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/tor… http://t.co/ehg3nNx2ZO 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Leading a discussion on #kashrut in the #Torah for #CSULB students. #BeachHillel #WhatRabbisDo #Hillel https://t.co/ZkVeh3… 3 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Meeting with a #CSULB student, writing about @BeachHillel students going to @AIPAC Policy Conference. #PC15 https://t.co/IXb… 3 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Attending @BeachHillel staff meeting. #CSULB #BeachHillel #Hillel #WhatRabbisDo (@ University Interfaith Center) https://… 3 years ago