Yesterday, the ceremony for the departure of Dr. Ron Farmer took place at Chapman University. Dr. Farmer had been at the helm of the Interfaith Center at Chapman for the last 13 years. In his time there, in addition to being an award-winning professor, he was able to guide the building of the gorgeous Fish Interfaith Center. Amongst the people who spoke upon his departure were Dr. Marv Meyer; Dr. Marilyn Harran; Rachel Bennett, administrative assistant to Dr. Farmer; Dr. Daniele Struppa, Chapman Chancellor; and Dr. James Doti, President of Chapman.
In his remarks, Dr. Farmer spoke on his time here and closed with a paper on spirituality and the need for empathy of the other. Dr. Farmer will be heading off to Ecuador to open another chapter in his life.
- Over the course of this past academic year, Southern California Jewish Student Service's rabbi, Rabbi Drew... fb.me/7zhdFzl4U 2 years ago
- Rabbi Drew Led Monthly “Torah on Tap” Discussions with Beach Hillel in 2014-2015 socaljss.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/tor… http://t.co/ehg3nNx2ZO 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Leading a discussion on #kashrut in the #Torah for #CSULB students. #BeachHillel #WhatRabbisDo #Hillel https://t.co/ZkVeh3… 3 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Meeting with a #CSULB student, writing about @BeachHillel students going to @AIPAC Policy Conference. #PC15 https://t.co/IXb… 3 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Attending @BeachHillel staff meeting. #CSULB #BeachHillel #Hillel #WhatRabbisDo (@ University Interfaith Center) https://… 3 years ago