Three weeks ago today, on Friday 10 December, several Holocaust survivors addressed students and community members as part of a program organized by students in a California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) course. Survivors Henry Meyer, Jenny Zavatsky, Yetta Kane, and Cantor David Kane addressed a crowd at the Alpert Jewish Community Center in an event organized by the students in Professor Jeffrey Blutinger‘s History of the Holocaust course. The event was made possible from the support of CSULB Center for Community Engagement, the CSULB Jewish Studies Program, and the Long Beach Yom HaShoah Memorial Committee. Other Holocaust survivors in the audience contributed their experiences to the discussion, as well.
Here are two videos from the event: Yetta Kane speaking about faith & Eugene Schlesinger speaking.
- Over the course of this past academic year, Southern California Jewish Student Service's rabbi, Rabbi Drew... fb.me/7zhdFzl4U 2 years ago
- Rabbi Drew Led Monthly “Torah on Tap” Discussions with Beach Hillel in 2014-2015 socaljss.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/tor… http://t.co/ehg3nNx2ZO 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Leading a discussion on #kashrut in the #Torah for #CSULB students. #BeachHillel #WhatRabbisDo #Hillel https://t.co/ZkVeh3… 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Meeting with a #CSULB student, writing about @BeachHillel students going to @AIPAC Policy Conference. #PC15 https://t.co/IXb… 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Attending @BeachHillel staff meeting. #CSULB #BeachHillel #Hillel #WhatRabbisDo (@ University Interfaith Center) https://… 2 years ago