On Sunday, February 10th, Southern California Jewish Student Services (SoCalJSS) held its third bimonthly texts and tippling event. “Rituals & Rums” was an enjoyable experience for an adult crowd, where participants got to enjoy exploring a variety of rums as well as exploring with Rabbi Drew why Judaism has wine in so many of its rituals. Whether it be lifecycle events or holiday/shabbat activities, the topic under discussion provided some questions and insights as to why and how wine came to be associated with them.
As with previous such events being “Witches & Whiskies” in October and “Torches & Tequilas” in December, in addition to exposing the crowd to the topic and the spirits, the purpose of the series is also to serve as an opportunity for giving of one’s tzedakah money to support the work of SoCalJSS in Jewishly enriching the lives of young adults in Southern California.
The next such event will feature a single-malt Scotch tasting on Sunday, April 21st at 7pm.
- Over the course of this past academic year, Southern California Jewish Student Service's rabbi, Rabbi Drew... fb.me/7zhdFzl4U 2 years ago
- Rabbi Drew Led Monthly “Torah on Tap” Discussions with Beach Hillel in 2014-2015 socaljss.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/tor… http://t.co/ehg3nNx2ZO 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Leading a discussion on #kashrut in the #Torah for #CSULB students. #BeachHillel #WhatRabbisDo #Hillel https://t.co/ZkVeh3… 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Meeting with a #CSULB student, writing about @BeachHillel students going to @AIPAC Policy Conference. #PC15 https://t.co/IXb… 2 years ago
- RT @RabbiDrew: Attending @BeachHillel staff meeting. #CSULB #BeachHillel #Hillel #WhatRabbisDo (@ University Interfaith Center) https://… 2 years ago